Pages

Thursday 14 July 2016

Pretty Lady In A Crowd

 

I've found in street photography, when I want to catch candid shots of people, it can be interesting to identify the energy and flow of a crowd, see where the attention is focused and then it is easier to catch people in their natural expressions.

Such was this example, above, of a street entertainer. This handsome chap is doing his thing, charming the crowd. He spots me and smiles. Lovely. He expects to be photographed and isn't phased.

In fact I think he kinda liked it!

Then, I turned around, with my camera ready, not quite sure what I was looking for.

Then this lovely lady, below, turned to me and smiled. Everyone else is oblivious.

In the image it's half a smile you see. She has one of those gorgeous, wide, slow smiles. Beautiful! 

We connected for an instant. Warmly. Then, after the image was taken, she sort of remembered herself and looked away.

I'm grateful to her, because regardless of what you think of the image,  my taking the image meant I connected with someone, even just for a second, who I could appreciate was a kind and loving soul.

Special.

Thank you, pretty lady.



No comments:

Post a Comment